Megan is such a great teacher. And she’s patient too. She does a phenomenal job at demonstrating techniques that come naturally to her.
This high-quality, “How to Draw Tears” tutorial is over 4 minutes long.
In order to prepare, here are some terms that are used; and thus you might want to familiarize yourself with these phrases and action steps:
- Use dip pen (hard)
- Adjust thickness and opacity as demonstrated in the video
- Once you click on a shape, you will drag it to the whitest area of the eye
- Be prepared to swipe fast across the eye during brush strokes
- Press settings and reset
- Then draw circles where the “cone-shaped” tears are
- (Tip) Make your maximum thickness higher than 30 pixels
- Repeat certain steps
- Now, make the tears fall
- Settings and reset
- Now draw circles on the tears
- Use eraser and then dip pen (soft) to erase through some of the tears
(This is Megan’s Mom typing and I think that is my favorite part). Too cool!
- As you approach the end of this thorough tutorial, expect to add a new layer
- Lower the opacity, draw inside the tears
- Add semi-transparent circles inside of the tears